It’s pumpkin season! Try one of our favorite fall foods in this deliciously creamy Pistachio Pumpkin Soup. Serve with a side of crusty bread from our bakery for a savory and satisfying, meatless meal!
Pistachio Pumpkin Soup
Adapted from Kroll's Korner
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- Pinch of paprika
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (or coconut milk for dairy free or vegan)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish (or green onions)
- Additional pistachios, for garnish
- In a soup pot, bring stock and potato cubes to a boil. Boil 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes cook, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil in a small pan over medium heat until onions become translucent.
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios into a fine powder. Using a slotted spoon to separate from stock, place cooked potatoes in a food processor. Add onion mixture, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cardamom, turmeric and paprika. Using caution (blender may get hot), blend mixture until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into the soup pot with remaining stock on the stove. Bring to a boil before reducing heat and adding in the Greek yogurt. Add salt and pepper. Top with parsley and pistachios. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings
Note: If soup is too thick, thin with extra vegetable stock or water until desired consistency is achieved.
*Per Serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 16g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 9g), Protein 9g, Vitamin A 260%, Vitamin C 20% Calcium 8%, Iron 15%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.