Aloha! With today’s Pineapple Fried Rice you can bring the tropics right to your table – no long layovers or airport security lines required.
Filled with succulent pineapple, crunchy cashews and just a hint of red pepper heat, this delicious side dish might just have you and your family dancing the hula! And, our Pineapple Fried Rice can easily be made gluten free. Did I mention it takes less than 20 minutes? What’s not to love about that?!
Try serving this scrumptious side with steamed broccoli and grilled shrimp for one unforgettable meal!
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (like Birds Eye® Steamfresh®)
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots and peas, cooked
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- ¼ cup unsalted cashews (found in our Natural & Organic department)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- Optional garnishes: chopped green onions and fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Pour about half of the beaten eggs into skillet; cook for 30 seconds without stirring. Stir in remaining egg, brown rice, carrots and peas, ginger, white pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir fry on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple, cashews, shredded coconut and soy sauce and heat until warm; about 3-5 minutes more.
- Garnish with optional green onions and cilantro and serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 9g (Saturated 2.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g), Protein 6g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
To Create Pineapple Bowls: Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut fresh pineapple in half, lengthwise, and remove leaves. Using a paring knife, carefully carve out the inside flesh, leaving about ½ inch fruit intact on all sides to form two bowls. Reserve carved out fruit for above recipe. Pat pineapple bowls dry with a paper towel. Bake bowls for 5 minutes. Fill pineapple bowls with cooked fried rice, garnish as desired and serve.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.