Satisfy your sweet tooth with this scrumptious Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie. Filled with yummy nut butter and chocolate chips, you won’t even know there are neutral-flavored chickpeas added to give this cookie a nutritional boost. Enjoy this skillet cookie on its own or top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt for an extra special treat!
Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
Recipe adapted from Well Plated
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup rolled oats (or certified gluten free oats for gluten free)
- ⅔ cup peanut butter (or substitute any other nut butter, creamy or crunchy)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus additional 2 Tbsp. for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray.
- Place chickpeas, oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and milk into a food processor. Blend until mostly smooth. Remove the lid and scrape down the sides. Blend again until smooth and well combined. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared skillet and sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is dry to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs clinging to it. Place on a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Yield: 10 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 19g), Protein 7g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.