Did someone say breakfast? Mornings are a lot better when they include a filling, wholesome meal to kick start the day. As Mealtime Mentors, we know how easy it is to get into a breakfast rut, eating the same foods for breakfast days on end. To help you change up your breakfast routine, we’ve put together a list of our top 12 favorite breakfast recipes, both sweet and savory!
Did someone say breakfast? Mornings are a lot better when they include a filling, wholesome meal to kick start the day. As Mealtime Mentors, we know how easy it is to get into a breakfast rut, eating the same foods for breakfast days on end. To help you change up your breakfast routine, we’ve put together a list of our top 12 favorite breakfast recipes, both sweet and savory! 1. 3 Ingredient Pancakes: Made with three common pantry ingredients, these pancakes provide a serving of fresh fruit cooked right in. Enjoy these banana pancakes on their own, or get creative with sweet, savory and spicy toppings!
2. Egg Muffins with Ham & Bell Pepper: This portable dish is packed with flavor! These egg muffins are an easy option for anyone in need of a quick meal. While this particular recipe features savory ham and sweet bell peppers, you can easily change out the ingredients to make other delicious flavor combinations, like mushroom and turkey sausage; Canadian bacon and spinach; or broccoli and cheese. 3. Breakfast Wraps – 3 Sweet, Simple Ideas: If you’re in a hurry, this is a great dish that you can quickly prepare before heading out the door, or even put together the night before and grab and go in the morning! These sweet and simple breakfast wraps take less than five minutes to prepare, and they are packed with hunger-fighting protein and fiber to help you get a nutritious meal while on-the-go!
4. Chorizo Breakfast Hash: Here’s a dish that’s perfectly packed with flavor and spice! Crispy potatoes, a blend of flavors from veggies and/or fruits, and the over easy egg in this breakfast hash make it a delectable delight for any morning. This recipe also uses chorizo, which is a spicy Mexican sausage. If you like sausage, this will rock your world! This recipe also eliminates a lot of prep work by featuring refrigerated hash browns and bottled roasted red peppers. 5. Blueberry French Toast Casserole: Be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with this tasty, yet nutritious breakfast casserole. This twist on French Toast provides a protein-packed punch with cottage cheese and eggs, hearty whole grain bread, sweet and juicy blueberries and is topped with crunchy almonds.
6. Fruit & Oatmeal Smoothie: In a hurry? Blend up a Fruit & Oatmeal Smoothie and take it to go! Smoothies are a great way to ensure you’re starting your morning off right with the nutrients your body needs. Plus, kids love them too!
7. Egg Ham Muffin Melts: A creamy and delightful combination of chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced ham and cheddar cheese all atop a toasted English muffin. This warm, toasty breakfast treat is easy to make and can be eaten on the go!
8. On The Go Baked Oatmeal Bars: With 5g of protein and 4g of fiber, these bars are a filling addition to your morning meal (or a perfect snack option to pack for later in the day). Simply pop an oatmeal bar in the microwave to warm and enjoy on its own or top it with peanut butter (or almond butter)!
9. Apple Potato and Bacon Hash: This Apple, Potato and Bacon Hash is easy to throw together and it packs big, bold flavors! The sweetness of the sweet potatoes pairs perfectly with the smoky bacon, wholesome baby reds, crunchy apple and the creamy yolk. The heartiness of the egg sends it over the top!
10. Avocado Blueberry Muffins: Although it’s an ingredient you probably won’t find in most blueberry muffins, this recipe has a hidden, healthy ingredient – avocado! With nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, along with heart healthy fats, avocado is a great replacement for butter or shortening in muffins, quick breads, and even some brownie and cookie recipes. 11. Tropical Sunshine Smoothie: Filled with mandarin oranges, strawberries and pineapple, this delectable blend will transport you straight to the tropics. And, did I mention this tasty treat has 12 g of protein per serving?! The Greek yogurt paired with frozen and fresh fruit in this recipe give this smoothie a nutritious punch!
12. Build Your Own Breakfast Sandwiches: Breakfast sandwiches are a fun way to make breakfast on-the-go a lot more delicious and nutritious! Try one of these three satisfying and tasty combinations using some of our favorite ingredients: Sweet and Spicy, Carrot Cake (pictured above) and Huevos Rancheros.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.