Christmas cookies are good. No Bake Christmas Tree Cookies are even better! These festive sweet treats are gluten free, fun to make and almost too pretty to eat. Almost. :)
No Bake Christmas Tree Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. vanilla or mint extract
- Green food coloring
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Mini M&M’s®
- In a large pot, melt butter. Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar and milk. Stir in coconut, vanilla/mint and enough food coloring to make the mixture green.
- Shape into small balls, and using the tips of your fingers gently squeeze one side of the ball until it takes on a cone shape. If the mixture gets too cool to work with, heat on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Place cookies on baking sheet, uncovered, to set either in the fridge for 2-3 hours or the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip the tops of the cookies in the white chocolate to look like snow. Add mini M&M's.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set before storing in an air tight container.
Yield: 2 dozen
*Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 10g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 1g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Emily Schwartz is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with Festival Foods and is certified in the state of Wisconsin.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.