Merry Christmas Week to you and yours! If your week is anything like mine, it means you’ll be spending most of your time scrambling to wrap the last package and tie the last bow with little time to spare for recipe research! To ease the hectic holiday hysteria, I’ve got you covered with my top 10 favorite holiday dishes for you below from breakfast to dessert with an appetizer or two to share! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday filled with family, friends, and fun.
(Ps. Visit our RD’s Top 10 Holiday Product picks here for a list of our favorite holiday products!)
- Supercharged Blueberry Banana Smoothie: This Supercharged Blueberry Banana Smoothie is a tasty way to sneak more fruits and veggies into your day, even with a hectic holiday schedule! Easy to take with you on-the-go, this smoothie will fuel your body and give you all the energy you need to power through your last-minute holiday preparations!
- Christmas Egg Bake: Egg bakes are the perfect addition to any holiday breakfast or brunch. You can prepare the dish the night before and bake it just after everyone rises in the morning, or you can whip it together the morning of. Either way, this festive dish is sure to bring the whole family to the table!
- Orange & Port Glazed Turkey Meatballs: These meatballs are definitely on my list of favorite things to nibble on at a holiday party! A lighter version of a traditional holiday appetizer, this recipe is full of flavor in every bite! Dried cranberries, grape juice, and orange marmalade make these meatballs juicy and sweet, while the lean ground turkey breast helps keeps things on the lighter side!
- Confetti Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing: Invited to any holiday parties this season? Tired of bringing the same old appetizer plate? Don’t fret! Whip up this super simple, yet full-of-flavor salad instead! Everyone will thank you for bringing a healthy, lighter option to balance out the heavy, creamy dishes that tend to overpower the holiday spread. Plus, this recipe makes a BIG salad so it really is perfect for sharing with friends!
- Cranberry-Orange Spiced Green Beans: When it comes to holiday side dishes, sometimes simpler is better. This recipe is fun and festive, and it highlights the natural deliciousness of fresh green beans. Sweet and slightly savory, this is a new twist on the typical green bean side dish and will make a colorful addition to your holiday table!
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew: Easy to throw together and feeds a crowd, this Slow Cooker Beef Stew is perfect for hectic week nights and/or to feed family coming into town! Bites of tender beef are nestled between savory parsnips, carrots, celery, and peas all wrapped within a thick, hearty broth. After a busy day, you (and your guests) will appreciate coming home to this heart-warming stew.
- Idaho® Potato and Chicken Gumbo: A dish that will warm you from the inside out, this Idaho Potato and Chicken Gumbo is the perfect recipe to lighten things up without sacrificing on flavor! A light broth packs big flavor with hearty chunks of chicken and tender pieces of peppers, onions, and celery.
- Cranberry Orange Bread: Baked goods are a rarity on the blog, so I wanted to be sure to highlight this lightened up cranberry orange bread! This holiday quick bread makes use of bright, festive flavors such as…you guessed it: orange and cranberry! Your guests will be delighted to see this colorful bread make its way to your holiday table.
- Homemade Fruit & Nut Snack Bars: I love these snack bars because they are so versatile! Pack some up for the car ride to Grandma’s house, snack on one to keep hunger at bay before a party, or wrap some up to give away as a gift. Easily customizable to your favorite flavors, be sure to whip up a batch of these simple snack bars this season!
- Leah’s Homemade Granola: This is another wonderful recipe that makes a perfect homemade gift for the holidays! Fill pint-sized glass jars with prepared granola, tie a festive bow around the neck of the jar, and share this nutritious treat with neighbors, friends and family.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays with safe travels and many wonderful memories!