Craving a mushroom and Swiss burger? Get more of that umami, mushroom goodness with this mouth-watering blend burger. Finely chopped mushrooms mixed right in with lean ground sirloin, results in rich savory flavors (and veggies) with every bite!
Pair with grilled sweet potato wedges for a better-for-you take on the classic burger and fries.
Mushroom & Swiss Blend Burger
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and gills scraped out, quartered
- 12 oz. extra-lean ground beef sirloin
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free) Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 slices light Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split (or gluten free hamburger buns for gluten free) Lettuce, red onion, and/or pickles for topping
- Pulse the mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl; add beef, garlic, soy sauce, ¼ tsp. salt and a few grinds of pepper and mix with your hands until combined. Form into four ½ -inch-thick patties.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties, season with salt and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Top each burger with a slice of Swiss cheese, cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1 more minute. Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Toast the English muffins, then sandwich with the burgers and toppings.
Yield: 4 burgers
*Per Serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 4.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 510mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 6g), Protein 32g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 45%, Iron 20%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.