Colorful, crunchy and a little bit spicy - this Mexican Street Corn Salad recipe features the traditional flavors of a popular Mexican street food called elote or grilled corn slathered with a chili-lime sauce. Instead of the traditional fresh sweet corn, we use frozen roasted corn because it's packed with flavor and can be found any time of the year. Try it as a yummy side dish salad or add it tacos and bring the flavors of Mexico to your home!
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 3 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ limes, juiced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 (10 oz.) bags frozen roasted corn, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Cotija cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place diced avocado in a large bowl and drizzle with lime juice. Add corn, olive oil, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and Cotija cheese. Stir to mix.
- Garnish with optional Cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve chilled.
Yield: 8 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 9g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5gm, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.