I think it’s safe to say that our dietitian team loves quick, easy and better-for-us meals. And, today’s light and spring-y meal certainly fits the bill. This Lime Chicken and Rice dish features a sweet and tangy, citrus sauce that adds a little pizazz to tender, sliced chicken and nutty brown rice. Try rounding out this entrée with a side of steamed broccoli, oranges slices and a glass of skim milk for a MyPlate-balanced meal. And, we’d like to offer a special thank you to our guest, Linda H., for providing this flavor-filled, heart healthy recipe!
Lime Chicken and Rice
- 2 cups brown rice (like Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Brown Rice)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup 100% apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- Zest of 1 lime
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions; set aside once cooked.
- Preheat skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until browned and cooked throughout. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- Whisk together cornstarch and apple juice until starch is dissolved; pour into empty pan. Add lime juice and chicken stock. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and spoon sauce over cooked chicken. Garnish with lime zest and serve with cooked brown rice.
Yield: 4 servings *Per Serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 5g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 38g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.