What's a fun Halloween without an adorable treat? We've got a delicious option for you that every kid is sure to love! It's the Lit'l Smokies Mummy Dog recipe and it's not only cute, it's super tasty for the ghosts and goblins in your home. Here's how to make them:
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Makes: 16 appetizer servings (about 2 Mummy Dogs each)
- 32 Hillshire Farms Lit'l Smokies
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll dough and separate at perforations, creating four rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- With a knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into 8 strips, making a total of 32 strips. Wrap one strip of dough around each sausage, stretching the dough slightly to look like bandages. Leave tip of sausage exposed to create a face. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Draw features with mustard on tip of sausage to create face. Serve with mustard or ketchup if desired.