We love hearty meals with wholesome ingredients, and Knorr® is always here to help. Their new One Skillet Meals feature delicious Organic ancient grains and Organic whole wheat couscous in a variety of great flavors. We gave their Lemon Chicken with Barley a try and it was as easy as 1-2-3. Check out their other flavors here!
Lemon Chicken with Barley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots, about ½-inch thick
- 1 package Knorr® One Skillet Meals - Lemon Chicken with Barley
- 1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss chicken with flour and then cook 4 minutes until browned.
- Add water, carrots and contents of Knorr® One Skillet Meals to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until barley is tender. (For perfectly cooked barley, make sure to keep covered.)
- Place spinach on top of the barley mixture and cover. Remove from heat and let stand covered 2 minutes (the heat will begin to wilt the spinach). Stir until spinach is completely wilted and well blended. Serve and enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 3g), Protein 30g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%, Potassium 14%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Knorr®
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.