Transform leftover holiday ham into flavor-packed bowls of our satisfying Leftover Ham & Bean soup!
No leftover ham? No worries! Grab a fully-cooked ham steak from our meat department. They provide just the right amount to make this delicious soup any time of the year!
Leftover Ham & Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leftover ham bone, optional
- 2 cups leftover ham, chopped into cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic, optional ham bone, ham, bay leaves and broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rinsed beans, cumin, thyme and season with pepper. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Remove ham bone and bay leaves. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 950mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 6g), Protein 17g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 45% Calcium 6%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.