Kimchi is a Korean cuisine staple made from fermented vegetables like napa cabbage and radish. This probiotic powerhouse is the star of our Kimchi Fried Cauli-Rice. Not only does Kimchi add a slightly spicy-sour flavor to this dish, but it also adds important nutrients, like vitamins A & C and fiber. Although we've created this dish with cauli-rice (or crumbled cauliflower) for an added veggie boost, feel free to substitute cooked rice instead.
Kimchi Fried Cauli-Rice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable (or other cooking) oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped (found in our produce and natural departments)
- 1 cup leftover cooked ground pork (or other cooked meat), optional
- 2 cups cauliflower crumbles (found in our fresh cut department)
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos for gluten free)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 fried eggs
- Green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to become translucent.
- Add kimchi to pan. Cook, without stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until kimchi just starts to brown.
- Stir in optional ground pork, cauliflower crumbles and soy sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and warm, but not mushy.
- Push cauli-rice mixture to the edges of the large pan to create a well. Place whisked eggs into the center of the well and cook for 2-3 minutes before scrambling and stirring into mixture. Remove from heat.
- Stir in optional toasted sesame oil and top with optional fried eggs, green onions and sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 7g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 45% Calcium 6%, Iron 10%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.