The Kentucky Derby is here, folks! As hundreds of thousands gather and sip on their Mint Julep cocktails, we thought it would be the perfect time to whip up one of our own.
We might not personally be in the stands this year, but that doesn't mean we can't drink with the best of them, right? Here's how we Mint Julep:
- 1-1/2 shot of Maker's Mark Bourbon/Whiskey
- 1 shot of simple syrup
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Tsp of powdered sugar
- Crushed Ice
How to Make it
- Muddle one shot of syrup with mint in a cocktail shaker
- Add 1 & 1/2 shots of Maker's Mark Bourbon/Whiskey
- Add a splash of distilled water
- Fill a glass with crushed ice
- Pour your mixture over the top of it
- Garnish it with a sprig of mint
- Finish it off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar
Time to Mint Julep ya'll!