Please excuse us while we interrupt your regularly scheduled (20 Minute Meals) programming to bring you Kellogg’s® Mix For More!
You’ve probably heard that breakfast is a pretty important part of a healthy, balanced lifestyle. In fact, eating breakfast helps kick-start our metabolism, improve concentration and boost energy levels. Now, there is nothing wrong with grabbing a typical bowl of cereal and milk, but we, with the help of Kellogg’s®, invite you to challenge the norm and think outside the traditional cereal box for a nutrition-packed breakfast that will excite your taste buds.
In fact, today we’re offering three flavor combinations that use Kellogg’s cereals and less traditional toppings to make sweet, savory and even spicy breakfast bowls that are out-of-this-world delicious!
⅓ cup plain yogurt (or So Delicious® Cultured Coconut Milk for dairy free)
¼ cup banana slices
2 tsp. almond butter or peanut butter
1 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine Kellogg's Origins® Ancient Grains Touch of Honey cereal, yogurt and almond butter or peanut butter.
- Top with banana slices and chocolate chips.
½ cup Special K® Protein
¼ cup plain yogurt (or So Delicious® Cultured Coconut Milk for dairy free)
2 tsp. chopped avocado
⅛ tsp. cayenne
- In a bowl, combine Special K® Protein cereal with yogurt.
- Mix in cayenne and top with avocado.
½ cup chocolate milk of choice
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cayenne
⅓ cup fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, combine Special K® Touch of Brown Sugar Gluten Free cereal with milk.
- Mix in spices and top with raspberries.
Other fun Mix For More ideas:
- Special K® Protein, plain low-fat yogurt, apple slices and ground cinnamon
- Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites® Chocolate, 2% milk, cocoa powder and shredded fresh mint
- Special K® Original, skim milk, pistachios, lemon zest and fresh thyme.
Try mixing and matching your favorite ingredients for your very own Mix For More!
Emily Schwartz is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with Festival Foods.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.