Packed full of flavor and easy to prepare, this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family! No Instant Pot? No worries - we have slow cooker instructions, too! Not in the mood for tacos? This salsa chicken is also delicious in a burrito, over brown rice, on a salad or even just on its own.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- 2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, shredded romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onion, diced avocados, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream and hot sauce
Instant Pot Directions:
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin and coriander. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot. Sprinkle garlic over chicken and then pour salsa over chicken evenly to cover.
- Close lid, turn vent to "sealing", select the "Manual" setting and set time to 13 minutes.
- Once cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, use the quick release method to release the remaining pressure.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and shred. Return shredded chicken to Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with cilantro and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve shredded chicken in tortillas with optional toppings.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Season chicken as instructed in step 1 above.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle garlic over chicken and then pour salsa over chicken evenly to cover.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Follow steps 5-7 above.
Yield: 5 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 5g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 2g), Protein 35g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%, Potassium 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.