This hearty Loaded Potato Soup is inspired by the comforting flavors of the fully loaded baked potato - cheese, bacon, green onions and the tang of sour cream. The Instant Pot gets this meal on the table in just minutes, and the addition of cauliflower means you're sneaking veggies in and no one will ever know!
Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small head (1 lb.) cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping if desired
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Set the Instant Pot to the "Saute" setting. Add oil and allow to heat up. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add in potatoes, cauliflower, chicken broth, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Close lid, turn vent to "Sealing", select the "Manual" setting on high pressure and set time to 10 minutes.
- Once cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, use the quick release method to release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, set the pot to "Saute" and mash potatoes and cauliflower with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached; an immersion blender can also be used if a smooth consistency is desired. Stir in Greek yogurt and cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Serve garnished with bacon, green onions and additional cheese, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 20g (Saturated 9g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 7g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 23g, Vitamin D 6%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%, Potassium 25%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.