Hopefully you already know that our company, Festival Foods, is committed to supporting the communities it serves, and one way is by offering guests an easy way to donate to area organizations when you’re checking out at our stores.
In 2017 alone, these giving opportunities – called “icon” campaigns – raised more than $278,000 for nonprofit community organizations throughout Wisconsin. Festival Foods, which now has 31 stores in the Badger State, started fundraising icon sales as a way to support nonprofit organizations in the communities it serves.
Because it involves a personal “ask,” the process is interactive and educational for both guests and associates.
Each year, nonprofit organizations can apply on our website to hold a 15-day fundraising icon sale. After all submissions are in, associates at each Festival Foods location vote on the nonprofit they want to support.
We’re excited to again offer this opportunity to groups in 2018. We get to talk about all the exciting icon sales planned for the year ahead during a live Facebook broadcast at noon on Friday, March 9, from The Mezz, a bar and lounge, overlooking our store in Madison. Here’s the lineup of regions, as well as which groups will be supported by them:
– In the Southern Wisconsin Region: MDA, Special Olympics, Salvation Army and St. Jude’s
– In the Wisconsin Dells Region: Special Olympics, Salvation Army, Alzheimer’s Association, and St. Jude’s
– In the Manitowoc and Sheboygan Region: MDA, Salvation Army, Winter Miracle Splash, and Make-A -Wish
– In the Oshkosh and Fond Du Lac Region: MDA, Special Olympics, Salvation Army, St. Jude’s, and the United Way
– In the Fox Cities Region: MDA, Special Olympics, Salvation Army, and Big Brother Big Sister
– In the Eau Claire Region: MDA, Special Olympics, Salvation Army, and Make-A-Wish
– In the Madison Region: MDA, Special Olympics, Make A Wish, and Family Service of Madison
– In the La Crosse Region: Seeds Of Hope (Hunger Task Force), Stepping Out In Pink Gundersen Lutheran Foundation, Salvation Army, and Freedom Honor Flight
– In Marshfield: MDA, Special Olympics, Salvation Army, and St. Jude’s
– In the Green Bay Region: MDA, Brown County Crime Prevention, MACC Fund, Salvation Army, and Green Bay Animal Rescue
Fundraising icon sales is one way Festival Foods demonstrates its commitment to building relationships with our guests and area organizations that help so many support so many worthy causes. With more than 7,000 associates at our 31 locations, Festival Foods is honored to be able to give back to its communities through event sponsorships and charitable giving to a variety of programs and organizations across the state.
“We enjoy helping community organizations raise additional funds through fundraising icon sales in our stores,” said Mark Skogen, Festival Foods President and CEO.