The holidays are all about comfort, right? And one of our favorite comfort foods is lasagna! Our friends at Crystal Farms helped us put together a delicious recipe that's also super easy to make ... just in time for the holidays!
- 1 ¾ cups Alfredo sauce (recipe below)
- 4 cups Bolognese sauce (recipe below)
- 1 ½ cups Ricotta filling (recipe below
- 9lasagna sheets, precooked
- 1/4 cup Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp basil, de-stemmed, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 oz Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Crystal Farms® Butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz
- 7 oz
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz ground beef
- 8 oz ground pork
- ½yellow onion, diced
- ½carrot, diced
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 1½garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine (dry)
- 1 can(28 oz) tomatoes, crushed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried crushed
- ¼ tsp basil, dry flakes
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Spread Alfredo sauce evenly on the bottom of a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Top with a single layer of precooked pasta sheets.
- Top with 1 ½ cups of Bolognese sauce and spread evenly over the pasta.
- Evenly spread ¾ cup of Ricotta filling over the Bolognese and top with a ¼ cup of shredded Asiago & Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat steps 2-4.
- Top with another layer of pasta, followed by a cup of Bolognese sauce and a ¾ cup of Alfredo sauce.
- Top with ¼ cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of shredded Asiago & Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° F until a knife can be easily inserted and removed and the pasta is fully cooked, about 30-40 minutes.
- Combine the grated Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese and eggs to the mixture and process. Reserve in the refrigerator until needed.
Alfredo Sauce Instructions
- Melt ½ cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour to the saucepan and stir. Continue stirring and cooking the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and cream and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Add seasonings and cream cheese and continue to stir to incorporate the cream cheese.
- Whisk in the finely shredded Asiago & Parmesan cheese and heat just enough to fully incorporate the cheese.
- Heat a large 12-quart stock pot over medium heat.
- Brown the ground beef and pork in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add the onions, carrot, celery and garlic to the same pan used to cook meat and cook on low heat. Simmer until vegetables are soft and flavorful.
- Pour red wine into the saucepot and reduce until almost dry.
- Add tomato, salt and seasoning, and then simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.