Comfort food and the holidays go hand-in-hand. And nothing says comfort like lasagna! A delicious, easy-to-make recipe from Crystal Farms that will please all those holiday guests.
The holidays are all about comfort, right? And one of our favorite comfort foods is lasagna! Our friends at Crystal Farms helped us put together a delicious recipe that’s also super easy to make … just in time for the holidays!
- 1 ¾ cups Alfredo sauce (recipe below)
- 4 cups Bolognese sauce (recipe below)
- 1 ½ cups Ricotta filling (recipe below
- 9lasagna sheets, precooked
- 1/4 cup Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp basil, de-stemmed, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 oz Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Crystal Farms® Butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz
- 7 oz
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz ground beef
- 8 oz ground pork
- ½yellow onion, diced
- ½carrot, diced
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 1½garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine (dry)
- 1 can(28 oz) tomatoes, crushed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried crushed
- ¼ tsp basil, dry flakes
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Spread Alfredo sauce evenly on the bottom of a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Top with a single layer of precooked pasta sheets.
- Top with 1 ½ cups of Bolognese sauce and spread evenly over the pasta.
- Evenly spread ¾ cup of Ricotta filling over the Bolognese and top with a ¼ cup of shredded Asiago & Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat steps 2-4.
- Top with another layer of pasta, followed by a cup of Bolognese sauce and a ¾ cup of Alfredo sauce.
- Top with ¼ cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of shredded Asiago & Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° F until a knife can be easily inserted and removed and the pasta is fully cooked, about 30-40 minutes.
- Combine the grated Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese and eggs to the mixture and process. Reserve in the refrigerator until needed.
Alfredo Sauce Instructions
- Melt ½ cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour to the saucepan and stir. Continue stirring and cooking the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and cream and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Add seasonings and cream cheese and continue to stir to incorporate the cream cheese.
- Whisk in the finely shredded Asiago & Parmesan cheese and heat just enough to fully incorporate the cheese.
- Heat a large 12-quart stock pot over medium heat.
- Brown the ground beef and pork in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add the onions, carrot, celery and garlic to the same pan used to cook meat and cook on low heat. Simmer until vegetables are soft and flavorful.
- Pour red wine into the saucepot and reduce until almost dry.
- Add tomato, salt and seasoning, and then simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.