Guac with Broc. Broccamole. Broc Guac. Or just Guacamole with Broccoli. It doesn’t really matter what this recipe is called. It’s more important to know that this veggie-fied guacamole is DELICIOUS! Whether you make it for game day or just an afternoon snack, this colorful chip dip is an easy way to help you get your five-a-day! And the fact that it tastes great, too … well that’s just icing on the (carrot) cake!
Guacamole with Broccoli
- 2 whole ripe Mexican Hass avocados
- 1 cup frozen broccoli thawed, and chopped fine
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Remove avocado from skin, saving the seed. Place avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix in remaining ingredients. Return seed to bowl to prevent from browning.
- Serve with fresh vegetables (cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, etc.) or whole grain tortilla chips.
Yield: 6 Servings
*Per Serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 10g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 6g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.