What do you get when you cross a classic Italian salad with a family favorite fruit? One out-of-this-world-good Honey Grilled Watermelon Caprese Salad!
With sweet and slightly caramelized grilled watermelon, creamy mozzarella and fresh basil, this delicious warm-weather salad is perfect for a fun weeknight meal or a gourmet-inspired date night dinner at home. Need some help knowing how to pick out just the right watermelon? We've got you covered with these 5 tips.
Honey Grilled Watermelon Caprese Salad
- 2 large, round watermelon slices, each cut into 4 triangles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut in half or diced
- Fresh basil chiffonade
- Balsamic reduction, for drizzling
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush both sides of each watermelon triangle with olive oil and season all sides with salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of honey over each triangle and place them on the grill. Grill each side for about 2 minutes. Remove and add a little more honey, if desired.
- Assemble salads by placing watermelon triangles on each plate, then cover with a sprinkle of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 7g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.