Turkey with cranberry sauce is typically a Thanksgiving staple. But, since June is National Turkey Lover’s Month, you will definitely have lots to be thankful for after trying this summertime spin on a holiday favorite.
The grilled, juicy bone-in turkey breast provides a lot of flavor that perfectly pairs with homemade cranberry barbecue sauce. Not only do cranberries naturally pair so well with turkey, but they are America’s Original Superfruit®, and are the official state fruit of Wisconsin. Cranberries are packed with antioxidants and provide a serving of fruit and added sweetness to the barbecue sauce. This is definitely a recipe any turkey lover will gobble up!
Grilled Turkey Breast with Cranberry BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup frozen cranberries
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Add all BBQ sauce ingredients into a nonstick saucepan. Heat on medium until mixture starts to simmer and then mix to combine ingredients.
- Cover and continue heating until sauce mixture comes to a boil, turn down to a simmer and stir mixture. Continue simmering, stirring intermittently until sauce thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. When sauce mixture is cool, blend with a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 2 cups *Per Serving: Calories 30, Total Fat 0g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 0g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2% Grilled Turkey Breast Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 Bone-In Whole Turkey Breast, thawed
- Brush turkey with oil and season interior and exterior with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill 12-15 minutes per pound of turkey breast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of breast reaches 170°F.
- Remove turkey breast from grill, cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Top with Cranberry BBQ Sauce and serve.
Yield: 12-14 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 6g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 500mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 29g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.