Mouthwatering grilled pineapple meets a flavor-packed turkey burger in this gotta-have grilling recipe! The burger itself has spinach and pesto mixed right in, making it extra juicy. Top it off with melty Monterey Jack cheese and charred pineapple slices, and suddenly you have a new favorite summertime recipe. 20 Minute Meals: Grilled Pineapple & Pesto Turkey Burgers Recipe adapted from Dole®
1 (20 oz.) can Dole® pineapple slices, drained
6 cups spinach
2 lbs. lean ground turkey
½ cup prepared pesto sauce, divided
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
10 slices Monterey Jack cheese
10 leaves Romaine lettuce
10 whole grain hamburger buns (gluten free hamburger buns for gluten free)
- Process spinach in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Combine turkey, spinach, ¼ cup pesto sauce, and olive oil in a large bowl. Gently mix until incorporated.
- Form mixture into 10 patties. Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill meat until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°. Add pineapple slices to grill the last 5 to 10 minutes and cook until golden brown. Toast buns on grill.
- Spread remaining pesto sauce on bottom half of each bun. Spread remaining pesto sauce on bottom half of each bun. Place burger on bun. Top with cheese, grilled pineapple slice, and lettuce. Place bun on top.
Yield: 10 burgers* *To accommodate smaller crowds, cut the recipe in half to yield 5 burgers
*Per Serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 25g (Saturated 8g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 12g), Protein 33g, Vitamin A 130%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Dole®.