Peri Peri chicken is typically of Portuguese origin, but is especially popular in parts of Africa. We’ve combined our favorite variations of this recipe for Grilled Peri Peri Chicken Wings. Spicy is the name of the game with this recipe, but for those that prefer a milder wing sauce, simply use less cayenne pepper!
Grilled Peri Peri Wings
- 2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper (or less for milder wings)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 24 chicken wings
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- Combine cayenne powder, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, ginger, sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary
- Place chicken wings in a large freezer bag; pour the marinade over, tossing thoroughly to coat. Marinate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and brush and oil the grill grate. Arrange chicken wings skin side down and grill them until crisp and golden brown, about 8-12 minutes per side.
- While chicken is cooking combine butter and marinade in a saucepan, and melt them together. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Each time you flip your wings, give them a brush with the buttery marinade sauce. Garnish with fresh lemon wedges.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving*: Calories 450, Total Fat 31g (Saturated 11g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 235mg, Sodium 950mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 35g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.