Have you tried halibut? Halibut is a lean, white fish that’s tender and mild flavored when cooked. We’ve spiced up this mild, white fish with a fresh mango salsa that’s sure to keep you cool on a warm summer day.
Grilled Halibut with Fresh Mango Salsa
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups diced peeled ripe mango
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (6 oz.) halibut fillets (or another white fish like cod or haddock)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Prepare the mango salsa by combining the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside.
- Rub halibut with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place fish on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 6g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 33g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.