Wow your tastebuds with our veggie-filled Grilled Eggplant Baba Ghanoush. A little smoky, a bit tangy and kind of creamy, this light, summery Mediterranean-inspired dip is as equally delicious as it is nutritious.
Enjoy with grilled eggplant slices, whole grain crackers or a quick and convenient veggie tray from our produce department.
Grilled Eggplant Baba Ghanoush
- 3 small eggplants (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, divided
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 ½ lbs.)
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped parsley
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut small eggplants into ½-inch-thick rounds. Sprinkle both sides with ½ teaspoon salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Mince 1 garlic clove and combine with 2 tablespoons oil and butter in a small bowl. Brush on both sides of the eggplant slices.
- Pierce large eggplant in several places with a fork. Grill, turning frequently, until starting to char on all sides, 15-20 minutes total. Move to a cooler spot and continue to cook, turning once, until very tender, 8-10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, grill the eggplant slices, turning once or twice, until tender and well-marked, 6-10 minutes total.
- Cut the large eggplant in half. Scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 2 cloves garlic and 2 tablespoons oil, tahini, lemon juice and pepper. Process until almost smooth.
- To serve, place the dip and eggplant slices on a platter. Sprinkle with goat cheese and parsley.
Yield: 10 servings (¼ cup dip, 2 eggplant slices per serving)
*Per Serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 14g (Saturated 3g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 7g), Protein 5g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.