String beans get an upgrade in our simple, yet flavorful Green Beans with Shallots, Almonds and Tarragon. Filled with lots of fresh flavors like tarragon and lemon zest, this side dish will be a stand out next to your holiday turkey or ham.
Green Beans with Shallots, Almonds and Tarragon
- 6 Tbsp. sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced shallots (about 3 large)
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ lb. green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds evenly onto a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 8-10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden; about 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. In now empty pan, add ½ cup water, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Cover pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are bright green and tender-crisp; about 4 minutes.
- Remove cover and increase heat to high. Cook until the water evaporates and the beans are glazed. Toss with tarragon, lemon zest, almonds and shallots. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings.
*Per Serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.