Who doesn’t love good Mexican food? I know I do, and the fun thing about this recipe is tossing together all of my favorite Mexican ingredients with crushed up chips to make walking tacos! It reminds me of both nachos and tacos, so I feel like I’m getting the best of both worlds. And what’s even better is that I typically have all of these ingredients at home! It doesn’t get any easier, or tastier, than this! Because there is very little prep and clean up, you can enjoy the game and spend time with your friends and family (score)!
Let’s get started: Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add the diced onion and cook 3-4 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the ground turkey beef blend and cook until browned. Drain in a colander and place meat back in the pan. Add the taco seasoning and water and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until thickened. (If you are looking for a homemade taco seasoning recipe, try this: 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. smoked paprika and 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce)
And then you literally just layer the ingredients on top of each other, starting with crushed black bean chips, meat mix, shredded cheese and top with veggies, guacamole and Greek yogurt. To reminisce of your childhood, make them real “walking tacos” by tossing all of the ingredients in the black bean chip bag and eat it like that. Either way, it is super easy for a game day snack or a quick weeknight dinner!
Game Day “Walking Tacos”
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. 50/50 Turkey Beef “Chef’s” Blend
- 1 packet taco seasoning*
- ¼ cup water
- 6 oz. bag Beanitos® Original Black Bean chips
- ½ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup guacamole
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bagged lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet to medium high heat. Cook onions for 2-3 minutes, until translucent. Add 50/50 ground beef turkey blend to the pan and sauté until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water. Sauté for 2-3 more minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Assemble tacos by crunching up the chips and dividing them on to 6 plates. Evenly divide meat mixture and cheese on each plate. Top with guacamole, black beans, chopped lettuce and a dollop of Greek yogurt (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
*Hint: You can make your own taco seasoning with 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. smoked paprika and 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving*: Calories 430, Total Fat 24g(Saturated 6g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 3g), Protein 28g, Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.