Gourmet appetizers bursting with flavor can be ready in just minutes with this Fresh Bruschetta recipe. To save even more time, and add a boost of whole grains, swap out toasted baguette slices for sprouted grain crackers!
- 1 baguette (or gluten free baguette for gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- 6 Roma tomatoes (plump, ripe), chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan (omit for dairy free)
- Handful arugula
- Balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut baguette into ½ inch slices on an angle. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (optional). Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, red onion, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Scoop the bruschetta mixture onto the baguette. Garnish with olives, fresh basil, arugula, and balsamic reduction, if desired. Serve immediately after assembling the bruschetta.
Yield: 24 servings
Per serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 2g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 190mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.