It's time again to put our very best bagging skills on display!
Beginning Aug. 8, Festival Foods will host bagging contests in four regions of the state to determine the company's best baggers to represent our family- and employee-owned business at the state contest in October in Green Bay.
We always have a lot of fun at the bagging competitions that happen at a handful of our stores across Wisconsin each summer. Participants are scored on speed, distribution of weight between bags, “proper bag building technique” as well as style, attitude and appearance.
Contest dates, times, contest locations and those stores that will be represented at each:
- Green Bay-East from 10 a.m.-noon on Wednesday, Aug. 8, with associates from each of our three stores in the city of Green Bay as well as those in De Pere, Suamico, Manitowoc.
- Neenah from 2-4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 8, with associates from Darboy, Appleton-Northland, Neenah, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac and Menasha.
- Somers from 9-11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 9, with associates from our stores in Somers, Mount Pleasant, Kenosha, Sheboygan and Paddock Lake.
- Eau Claire-Mall Drive from 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, with associates from our stores in Eau Claire as well as Marshfield.
- Onalaska from 2-4 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 14, with associates from Onalaska, Copeland, Village, Tomah and Holmen.
- Madison from 10 a.m.-noon Thursday, Aug. 16, with associates from Madison, Baraboo, Portage, Fort Atkinson and Janesville.
Each of those contests generate one winner who will move on Great Wisconsin Bag-Off contest in October in Green Bay.