Fresh veggies shine on this delicious Farmers Market Pizza with Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage. The best part of this recipe is that the vegetables can easily be swapped out for your seasonal favorites!
Farmers Market Pizza with Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 2 al fresco® Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage links
- 1 (12-inch) pre-cooked pizza crust
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup diced eggplant
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup quartered grape tomatoes
- ½ cup tightly packed spinach
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- ⅛ tsp. oregano
- ½ cup shredded Romano cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown al fresco® Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage on all sides, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan, slice into ¼-inch slices and set aside.
- Add one Tbsp. of the olive oil to pan, then add one clove of fresh minced garlic and cook about one minute.
- Add eggplant, mushrooms and red onion and sauté about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, spinach and broccoli. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the veggies and continue to cook for about 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and other veggies are tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta with pesto until well combined.
- Spread ricotta on crust. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper and Romano cheese. Add sautéed vegetable mixture, chicken sausage and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add crushed red pepper, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 16g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 600mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g), Protein 18g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 25%, Iron 6%, Potassium 4%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.