People say everything is better with bacon. Well we say everything's better bacon-wrapped, especially when it comes to throwing a party. So, today we're sharing three delicious and easy bacon-wrapped recipes to help us all up our entertaining game.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
Adapted from: Pinch of Yum
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 dates
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening. Remove the pit.
- Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of goat cheese into the cavity of each date and press the sides together to close.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange evenly on a baking sheet with raised edges (otherwise grease will get everywhere) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the dates and use the toothpick to turn each one so it's lying on its side. Bake for another 5-8 minutes, until browned to your liking, and turn the dates to the other side and repeat. Remove from the oven, place on a paper towel lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 16 dates
*Per Serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0% Calcium 6%, Iron 2%
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
Adapted from: Add a Pinch
- 18-20 asparagus stalks
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wrap 3-4 stalks with a slice of bacon. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and repeat until all asparagus stalks have been wrapped with bacon pieces.
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and pour over asparagus bundles. Toss lightly to coat.
- Bake until asparagus is cooked through and bacon is done, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 12g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 1g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 10% Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Bites
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6-8 slices bacon, cut in half
- ½-1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken pieces with BBQ sauce. Wrap each chicken piece with bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked. Remove from oven and add more BBQ as desired. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 7g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g), Protein 7g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0%, Iron 0%
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Smithfield®.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.