This better-for-you take on the traditional eggroll features both sweet and savory flavors and packs a powerful veggie punch. Plus, the prepackaged broccoli cole slaw makes preparation a breeze. Try Eggroll in a Bowl today!
Eggroll in a Bowl
- 6 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce, plus more for serving (or tamari for gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder
- 8 green onions, sliced; white/light green and green parts separated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 2 (12 oz.) bags Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- Sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and hot sauce for garnish, optional
- Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and Chinese 5-spice powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add white/light green parts of green onions and stir fry until onions start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add ground chicken or turkey and break meat up into small pieces with spoon. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add broccoli cole slaw and reserved sauce. Continue to cook for about 7 minutes or until slaw is crisp tender.
- Add reserved sliced green onion tops and stir.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro and/or additional soy sauce or hot sauce as desired.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 9g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 1050mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g), Protein 33g, Vitamin A 130%, Vitamin C 230%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.