We think Cinco de Mayo is a great time to try something a little different and we're big fans of this simple Three-Layer Mexican Dip recipe from Chobani®. Chips and salsa is the perfect prelude to a Mexican meal, and this festive dip recipe is an easy way to trade-up your tradition for better nutrition.
Packed with protein and fiber from the Greek yogurt and black beans, along with heart healthy fats, vitamins and minerals from the avocados and salsa, this Mexican Dip recipe is sure to satisfy and keep you fuller longer. Pair this delicious dip with multi-grain tortilla chips or fresh veggies and you are set for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
Three-Layer Mexican Dip
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp., divided Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kuner’s® No Salt Added Canned Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, halved, seeded, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 - 1½ cup jarred or homemade salsa
- Frito Lay TOSTITOS® Multigrain SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
- Place beans in a medium bowl and mash until mixture is semi-smooth. Stir in 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt, garlic, 2 tsp. lime juice and ¼ tsp. salt. Spread bean mixture into serving dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with remaining 1 cup Greek yogurt, jalapeño, cumin, remaining ¼ tsp. salt and remaining 1 tsp. lime juice.
- Spread guacamole on top of beans and top with salsa. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Let dip sit out at room temperature before serving with tortilla chips or veggies.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.