Have you ever eaten blueberries and corn together? It may seem like a strange combination, but really these two are a match made in heaven! Fresh, sweet kernels of corn pair perfectly with juicy blueberries to create a unique and delicious blend of flavors and textures.
Salsas are super easy to make and can add a lot of flavor (and nutrition!) to some of your favorite dishes. Fruit salsas go especially well with poultry and seafood, and this Blueberry Corn Salsa is no exception! It’s the perfect, sweet topping that’s needed to balance out the spicy heat on the shrimp.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Blueberry Corn Salsa
- 4 tsp. canola oil, divided
- ¾ cup fresh sweet corn kernels (or thawed frozen corn)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. SenSea® raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ⅛-¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook about 2 minutes or until corn starts to brown. Stir in blueberries and cook 30 seconds. Transfer blueberry corn mixture to a large bowl and stir in onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and ⅛ tsp. salt; reserve.
- Combine shrimp, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and remaining ⅛ tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Wipe out the skillet and heat 1½ tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add half the shrimp and cook 1½ to 2 minutes per side or until opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1½ tsp. oil and shrimp.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 2 on each serving plate and top evenly with shrimp and blueberry corn salsa. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 0.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 810mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g), Protein 20g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.