The holiday rush is in full swing! In many house-holds this calls for something quick, easy, and tasty that will please everyone. Below is a quick, 4-ingredient recipe that you can make ahead for a grab and go breakfast or snack. Pair with a sweet, seedless clementine to round it out. The vitamin C in the clementine will also help your body to absorb the iron in the Grape-Nuts cereal.
Grape-Nuts Snack Cakes
Yield: 24 Servings
3 cups Grape-Nuts Cereal
3 cups Post Selects Great Grains – Raisins, Dates, and Pecans Whole Grain Cereal
1 can (14 oz.) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 24 medium muffin cups with foil liners; spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. Spoon evenly into prepared cups.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
Additional Tips & Suggestions (from postnatural.com):
- Prepare as directed, using any variety Post Selects Great Grains Cereal.
- On the run? Pack these portable snacks for an easy and delicious low-fat treat.
As a bonus, the Post Grape-Nuts Cereal provides an excellent source of iron.