This week’s ad offers a lot of possibilities as far as great dinner ideas go! Not only are fresh Atlantic salmon and Ahi Tuna steaks on sale, it is also peak of the season for many locally grown fresh vegetables. Below is a fun kabob recipe that you might try for a little something different that incorporates salmon and some of those fresh veggies! The best part is that you can swap out or add in your favorites – zucchini and yellow squash area atop my favorites list. And if creating something from scratch isn’t really your forte, no problem! Our Meat Departments have you covered - Fresh Beef or Chicken Kabobs are on sale this week too!
- Plain Beef Kabobs
- Plain Chicken Kabobs
- Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs
- Burgundy Pepper Beef Kabobs
Salmon Vegetable Kabobs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: about 22-25 minutes
Marinade of your choice (like ½ cup plus ¼ cup Mrs. Dash® Garlic Herb Marinade, divided)
1 lb. salmon filet, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
1 medium red onion, cut into 16 wedges, each about 1-inch square
2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
2 cups hot, cooked brown rice
- Marinate salmon in ½ cup of your preferred marinade for at least 10 minutes. Preheat barbeque grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread each 10-12 inch skewer with 4 pieces each – Salmon, onion, mushrooms, and peppers.
- Cook kabobs 4-5 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through. Brush the kabobs with remaining ¼ cup of marinade while cooking.
- Serve over hot, cooked brown rice.