Traditionally made with lamb meat, gyros are a staple in Mediterranean cuisine. These Easy Chicken Gyros offer a leaner protein option, while not skimping on the traditional Greek flavors!
Loaded with fresh red pepper, onion and creamy homemade tzatziki all stuffed inside a soft pita, it’s now easier than ever to bring the taste of the Mediterranean to your kitchen.
Easy Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped dill (may sub 2 Tbsp. dried dill)
- 1½ Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of ½ medium lemon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 Tbsp. Mediterranean seasoning (may sub Italian seasoning )
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pitas
- Optional: lettuce, feta cheese crumbles
- Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Season chicken breasts with Mediterranean seasoning. Cook in a large skillet or pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Lay pitas on a clean surface. Add lettuce, chicken, red pepper strips, and onions. Top with tzatziki sauce and feta. Fold pita over like a sandwich, or roll it into a "tunnel shape".
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.