We all have pantry staples that we always keep on hand at home. This week, I’m sharing an item that you’d find in my pantry, as well as Chef Julie’s – Essential Everyday® Quartered & Marinated Artichoke Hearts.
We all have pantry staples that we always keep on hand at home. This week, I’m sharing an item that you’d find in my pantry, as well as Chef Julie’s – Essential Everyday® Quartered & Marinated Artichoke Hearts. If you want to pick out fresh artichokes, I’ve got everything you need to know in this segment we recorded for WFRV’s Local 5 Live.
The ready-to-go marinated artichokes are found in jars, not cans, and are firm, meaty and full of flavor! Packed with important nutrients like fiber, vitamin C and magnesium, here are 10 delicious ways to use marinated artichoke hearts …
- Use them as a pizza topping. Pat the artichoke hearts dry and sprinkle them onto a pizza after the cheese and bake.
- Make crositinis. Try Chef Julie’s Artichoke-Parmesan Crostinis.
- Make a Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
- Use in Greek-inspired recipes. Try Chef Julie’s Orzo Pasta with Feta, Olives & Artichokes.
- Roast alongside large-diced potatoes. Toss them both with olive oil and roast for 30-35 minutes at 425°F.
- Toss into risotto. When the rice is finished cooking, stir them in, let warm, and eat!
- Fold into egg dishes, like omelets and frittatas. Try Chef Julie’s Artichoke Goat Cheese Frittata Cups.
- Toss into a cold salad. Try this Asparagus Artichoke Salad recipe.
- Fold into a quick sandwich or grilled cheese. Layer pesto, Havarti cheese and marinated artichoke hearts.
- Make an antipasto platter for entertaining. Include artichokes and specialty meats, cheeses and olives all from our cheese island at Festival Foods.
Nutritional Information for 2 pieces: Calories 25 Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g) Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 125mg Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber <1g, Sugars 1g) Protein 1g Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 2% Iron 2% Ingredients: Quartered Artichoke Hearts, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower and/or Soy), Water, Vinegar, Salt, Spices, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid. Disclaimer: We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. Not all products available at all Festival Foods locations.
Lauren Lindsley is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with Festival Foods and is certified by the state of WI.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.