We turned to the experts at McCormick for a deliciously decadent recipe featuring some of their top-notch spices. Here’s how to make their Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie.
There’s nothing like a little decadence at the holidays. We turned to the experts at McCormick for a deliciously decadent recipe featuring some of their top-notch spices. Here’s how to make their Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Allspice, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch deep dish pie plate with pie crust. Bake 7 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed and center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Cool on completely wire rack.