Rich in heart-healthy fats, this creamy Dark Chocolate & Wonderful® Pistachio Layered Pudding is a filling snack or dessert. Not only is this pudding diabetic-friendly, but it is also gluten free, dairy free and vegan. So it’s perfect for anyone who enjoys chocolate and it features one of our favorite foods – pistachios!
Reasons why we love Wonderful® Pistachios (and you should too!):
- Pistachios are one of the lowest-fat, lowest-calorie snack nuts. In fact, you can enjoy 30 pistachios for about 100 calories.
- They’re heart-smart! As part of an overall diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, a serving and a half of nuts, like pistachios, per day is a great heart-healthy snack.
- Nearly 90 percent of the fats found in pistachios are the healthy, unsaturated type of fat.
- Pistachios are colorful! The greens and purples seen in these delicious and colorful nuts are from antioxidants.
Dark Chocolate & Wonderful® Pistachio Layered Pudding
- 2 large fully-ripened avocados, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup mashed fully-ripened banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Wonderful® Pistachios Lightly Salted No Shells
- ½ tsp. grated Wonderful Halos mandarin (or orange) zest
- Add the avocados, banana, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon to a food processor. Cover and puree on high speed until velvety smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Transfer to a container, cover and chill for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to mingle (optional but encouraged).
- Layer as desired the chocolate pudding and pistachios into four champagne flutes or small juice glasses. Sprinkle with zest and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
For added sweetness: Soak 4 pitted dates in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain and blend with avocado, banana and flavorings in step one.
*Per Serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 23g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 12g), Protein 7g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 25% Calcium 4%, Iron 10%
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Wonderful® Pistachios.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.