Satisfy your sweet tooth by whipping up a batch of these Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies.
Made with avocados instead of oil, these decadent brownies are filled with heart healthy fats and an irresistible richness that any chocolate lover will enjoy!
Sweets, Snacks & Sides:
Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
Recipe adapted from Avocados From Mexico
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
8 oz. dark chocolate chips
½ cup dark cocoa powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup whole wheat flour (or gluten free flour for gluten free)
2 ripe medium Mexican Hass avocados
½ cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8x8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until bubbly and fluffy.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH in 15 seconds increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- With mixer running, add chocolate to egg mixture. Fold in cocoa, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Mash avocados in separate bowl until very smooth. Add to batter and mix well. Add chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.
Yield: 16 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 9g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 17g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.