You will definitely want this Cranberry Orange French Toast Bake on your Christmas brunch menu. With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe can be whipped up in minutes or even prepared the night before. In the morning, just pop it in the oven and let the seasonal smells fill your home. We made this recipe with the Sprouted Grain Honey Wheat with Raisins bread from our bakery department, but feel free to use your favorite hearty bread.
Cranberry Orange French Toast Bake
Adapted from Kim’s Cravings
- 1 loaf bread, cut into cubes (about 6 ½ cups) (use gluten free bread for gluten free)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk (use dairy free milk for dairy free)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. maple or pancake syrup (plus additional for serving)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Dash of cloves
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Spray a 9x13" or other 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and arrange bread cubes in an even layer in the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, maple syrup and spices. Pour egg mixture over top of the bread, making sure all of the bread gets soaked. Scatter cranberries over top, making sure to tuck a few cranberries into the crevices between the bread cubes.
- Let the French toast soak at least 15 minutes at room temperature, or cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for about 30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple or pancake syrup. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings (as a main dish)
*Per Serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 6g), Protein 15g, Vitamin A 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%, Vitamin C 25%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.