What's better than coffee cake for breakfast (or dessert)? This recipe for Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze! Pair it with a pumpkin spice latte and you've got yourself the perfect fall morning.
Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
• ½ cup salted butter, almost melted
• ½ cup packed brown sugar
• 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
• 3 large eggs
• 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
• 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. each cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg and ground cloves
• 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
• 3 Tbsp. white sugar
• 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
Cream Cheese Glaze:
• 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
• 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
• 4 Tbsp. milk
• ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin and eggs together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Mix until just combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients until a crumble consistency forms. Sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla and milk and mix until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over the cake and serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 9g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 21g, Includes 19g Added Sugars), Protein 6g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%, Potassium 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.