This Cinco de Mayo Taco Salad is incredibly simple to throw together!
Cook up the ground chicken, add taco seasoning, assemble the salad ingredients, and ENJOY! In a mere 15 minutes you can have a fabulous fiesta on the table! The great thing about these salads is that they are completely customizable. If you’re a tomato lover or a black olive fanatic, toss some on top!
To get your Cinco de Mayo celebration started, cook up the ground chicken. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until it is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly. Next, stir in the taco seasoning and the amount of water that is directed on the seasoning packet instructions. Continue simmering the chicken with the seasoning and water for about 5 minutes. Hardest part done! (I told you this recipe was EASY!)
All that’s left is to assemble your taco salads! Set out 4 salad plates and divide the lettuce evenly among them. Next, layer the cooked taco meat on top of the lettuce and then the black beans on top of the meat. And, of course, don’t forget the diced avocado and shredded cheese! I like to top my salads off with two special ingredients to really set them apart and make them WOW: a few crushed up tortilla chips and freshly squeezed lime juice. Trust me…you won’t want to skip these because they really make this salad special! I hope you have a very happy Cinco de Mayo!
Cinco de Mayo Taco Salads
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 (1.25 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 2 (12 oz.) bags Dole® Classic Iceberg Salad
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Baked or Multigrain Tostitos® Tortilla Chips, optional
- Lime wedges, optional
- Cook ground chicken in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat until it is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly. Stir in taco seasoning and water as directed on seasoning packet instructions.
- Assemble taco salads. Set out 4 salad plates and layer evenly with ¼ of each of the ingredients: lettuce, seasoned ground chicken, black beans, avocado and shredded cheese. If desired, serve with crushed Tostitos® Multigrain Tortilla Chips and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 17g(Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 960mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 7g), Protein 34g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.