I don’t know about you, but I love giving homemade gifts! And, I think this Chocolate Bark with Pistachios & Cherries is going to be my go-to treat recipe this holiday season. With rich dark chocolate, sweet dried cherries and crunchy pistachios, this decadent bark is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
This recipe is perfect for holiday gifts and parties because it can easily be modified to suit different taste preferences or dietary needs. Simply sub out the pistachios or cherries for other favorite toppings, like sliced almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries, currants or dried banana chips.
Sweets, Snacks & Sides:
Chocolate Bark with Pistachios & Cherries
¾ cup roasted, shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
¾ cup dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
¾ cup shredded coconut
1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
24 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (or Enjoy Life® Dark Chocolate Morsels for dairy free)
- Line the bottom and sides of a jelly-roll pan or baking sheet with foil. (Take care to avoid wrinkles.)
- Toss pistachios with cherries and coconut in a medium bowl. Divide the mixture in half; stir orange zest into 1 portion.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. (Alternatively, microwave on low in 30-second bursts.) Stir often with a rubber spatula so it melts evenly.
- Remove the top pan and wipe dry (or remove the bowl from the microwave). Add the pistachio mixture containing the orange zest to the chocolate; stir to mix well. Working quickly, scrape the chocolate onto the prepared pan, spreading it to an even ¼-inch thickness with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the remaining pistachio mixture on top; gently press it into the chocolate with your fingertips. Refrigerate, uncovered, just until set, about 20 minutes.
- Invert the pan onto a large cutting board. Remove the pan and peel off the foil. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score the chocolate lengthwise with 6 parallel lines. Break bark along the score lines. Break the strips of bark into 2- to 3-inch chunks.
Yield: 24 Servings
*Per Serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 8g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g), Protein 1g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Emily Schwartz is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with Festival Foods.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.