Are you looking for the perfect appetizer, snack or meal? Well these Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for any occasion! They are packed with rice, crunchy chicken and cabbage, and are topped off with nutty cashews and fresh green onions; all wrapped up in a refreshing lettuce leaf. Eat one, or all three, depending on how hungry you are!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. canola or sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced (or 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. coleslaw (about 4 cups)
- 8 oz. ground chicken thighs
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- Combine first 4 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add coleslaw and chicken and cook until coleslaw wilts and chicken is browned. Add soy sauce mixture and cook another 60 seconds.
- Divide cooked rice and chicken mixture evenly among lettuce leaves; sprinkle evenly with green onion and cashews and spoon sauce from pan on to each wrap.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 12g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 13g), Protein 23g.
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.