Looking for a fun twist on tacos? Try these Chicken and Summer Vegetable Tostadas! Crispy corn tortillas are topped with a flavor-packed sauté of leftover shredded chicken, zucchini and roasted corn. Feel free to switch up the toppings and make this dish your very own.
Chicken and Summer Vegetable Tostadas
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 ½ cups leftover shredded chicken
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn, thawed
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup salsa verde, plus extra for serving
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, red onion, corn and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes or until everything is warm and the onions start to turn translucent. Stir in salsa, cumin and 2 Tbsp. cilantro. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange corn tortillas in a single layer and lightly coat the tops of the tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Broil 2-3 minutes, flip and broil another 2-3 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned.
- Place chicken and veggie mixture on top of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and broil an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro and serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 26g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%, Potassium 10%.
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.