We're excited to tell you that our chef, Julie Andrews, is the grand prize winner of the Nestlé Balance Your Plate Recipe Contest. Her winning recipe put a new spin on the well-known Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli.
After a rigorous scoring and testing process, Julie's recipe for Spinach Artichoke Mini Layered Ravioli Cups made with Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli won rave reviews from the Food & Culinary Professionals and the Nestlé team, which included their chefs and registered dietitians.Ingredients 2 pkgs. Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli 1 medium zucchini ⅓ cup marinara sauce + ¼ cup for topping ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese 1 large egg Dash black pepper, dried basil & dried oregano (optional) Cooking spray ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese Flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves, for garnish (optional) Method of Production (Instructions)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat 2 pkgs. Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli according to package directions.
- While ravioli cooks, slice zucchini lengthwise in ¼ inch strips, then in to squares that fit in a muffin cup. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinara sauce, cottage cheese, egg and seasonings (if using).
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Begin layering ravioli cups with a tablespoon of marinara/cottage cheese mixture, 1 ravioli with a tablespoon of spinach artichoke sauce and veggies, a zucchini square and mozzarella cheese, until the muffin cup is full, ending with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Repeat, making a total of 4 ravioli cups.
- Bake 17-19 minutes, until ravioli cups are bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let sit 8-10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, remove ravioli cups and place 2 on each plate. Top with remaining marinara sauce and garnish with parsley leaves.