We’re excited to tell you that our chef, Julie Andrews, is the grand prize winner of the Nestlé Balance Your Plate Recipe Contest. Her winning recipe put a new spin on the well-known Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli.
After a rigorous scoring and testing process, Julie’s recipe for Spinach Artichoke Mini Layered Ravioli Cups made with Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli won rave reviews from the Food & Culinary Professionals and the Nestlé team, which included their chefs and registered dietitians.
And if Julie’s recipe is good enough for the professionals, it’s definitely good enough for your table. So … here it is:
Spinach Artichoke Mini Layered Ravioli Cups
Yield: 2 portions; Serving Size: 2 ravioli cups
Timing: Prep time = 10-12 minutes
2 pkgs. Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
1 medium zucchini
⅓ cup marinara sauce + ¼ cup for topping
¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
1 large egg
Dash black pepper, dried basil & dried oregano (optional)
¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
Method of Production (Instructions)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat 2 pkgs. Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli according to package directions.
- While ravioli cooks, slice zucchini lengthwise in ¼ inch strips, then in to squares that fit in a muffin cup. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinara sauce, cottage cheese, egg and seasonings (if using).
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Begin layering ravioli cups with a tablespoon of marinara/cottage cheese mixture, 1 ravioli with a tablespoon of spinach artichoke sauce and veggies, a zucchini square and mozzarella cheese, until the muffin cup is full, ending with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Repeat, making a total of 4 ravioli cups.
- Bake 17-19 minutes, until ravioli cups are bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let sit 8-10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, remove ravioli cups and place 2 on each plate. Top with remaining marinara sauce and garnish with parsley leaves.