Stuffed with ooey-gooey Cheddar cheese, sweet, crisp apples and savory, grilled chicken, today’s recipe offers an entire MyPlate-balanced meal in a single, fits-in-your-hand pocket. Not only are these Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Pockets kid-friendly and filled with lots of delicious and nutritious ingredients, but they’re also made with quick, convenient items, like frozen broccoli and grilled chicken strips, to help ensure dinner is ready and on the table in no time.
Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Pockets
Recipe adapted from Birds Eye®
- 1 cup Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Braeburn or other sweet-tart apple, unpeeled, chopped small
- 2 oz. cooked chicken breast strips (or Buddig® Fix Quix Chicken Breast Strips™)
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds, halved crosswise
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat a griddle, skillet or panini pan over medium heat.
- Mix together broccoli, cheese, apple and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Gently separate each pita half to form a pocket. Spoon ½ cup of the broccoli mixture into each of the pita halves.
- Brush or wipe olive oil over the surface of the griddle using a brush or a paper towel. Add the pita halves, tucking in the filling. Grill for 2-4 minutes per side until golden, crisp, and warmed throughout. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 4.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g), Protein 13g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.